: (1995) Usul-üd Din (Theology), International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan.MA
: (1999), Tafsir and Hadith, International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan.PhD
: (2005) Tafsir and Hadith, Malaysia International Islam University.
Areas of Interest
Hadith Sciences of Hadith Islamic Thought
Serdar Demirel did his PH.D in Qur’an and Sunnah Studies, 2001-2005, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM); M.A Tafsir and Hadith, 1995-1999, Usul-Ud-Din and 1991–1995, International Islamic University Islamabad / Pakistan.
He taught in International Islamic University Malaysia 2006-2013. Then he worked in the Faculty of Islamic Sciences of Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakıf University (FSMVU), Istanbul / Turkey as a hadith professor during 2013-2017. His also served as the director of Ottoman-Malay World Studies at FSMVU until 2017.
He is the author of several books in Turkish and Arabic and also published many articles in international refereed journals.
- An Analytical Study of the Prophet’s Hadith: “”You are more knowledgeable of the matters of your world.”” Maalim Al-Qur’an Wa Al-Sunnah (Published by the Faculty of Quranic and Sunnah Studies Islamic Science University of Malaysia) “”معالم القرأن والسنة”” , ISSN: 1823-4356. Vol.3, No. 3-4 2007-2008. pp. 213-236.
- The Roots of Headscarf Ban in Turkey. Journal of Islam in Asia, IIUM, v.5, No.2, December 2008, pp. 163-182, ISSN: 1823-0970.
- Environment and the Prophet Muhammad. International Journal of Muslim Unity, IIUM, v.5. No.2, December 2007, pp. 75-104, ISSN 1675-7777.
- “Alliance of Civilizations; the Global Peace Project of the 21st Century”, Journal of US-China Public Administration, V.7, No.6, June 2010, pp.46-55. (USA, David Publishing Company), ISSN 1548-6591.
- “Islamic Values in a Multi-Cultural Society” Journal of Faculty of Theology Istanbul University, Turkey, no. 22, 2010, pp. 211-244.
- Abortion from an Islamic Ethical Point of View, International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 2 No. 1; January 2011, ISSN 2219-1933.
- “The Role of Ḥadīth Perception on Disputes between Ahl al-Sunnah and al-Shīʿah al-Imāmiyyah al-Ithnā ʿAshariyyah”, Intellectual Discourse Journal, IIUM, vol. 19, issue 2, 2011, pp.245-262. ISSN: 0128-4878.
- “Role of the Sabbatian Movement in Westernization Process of Turkey”, Al-Shajarah Journal of International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC) , vol. 16, Number 2, 2011, pp. 273-295. ISSN: 1394-6870.
- “A Theoretical Framework for ‘al-Ṭīb al-Nabawī / Prophetic Medicine’ in Modern Times”, Serdar Demirel and Saad Eldin Mansour, Revelation and Science Journal, vol. 01, No. 02 (1433H / 2011), pp. 34-45. ISSN: 2229-9947.
- “The Contribution of the Language, Culture and Vision Constructed by Revelation to the World Peace” IIUC Studies, International Islamic University Chittagong / Bangladesh, vol.8, December, 2011, ss.141-160. ISSN:1813-7733.
- “Modern World in the Mirror of Ḥadīth Wahn: A Reflection”, Journal of Islam in Asia, IIUM, vol.10, No1, June 2013, ss. 174-189. ISSN: 1823-0970.
- “The Prophet Muhammad’s Models Of Coexistence And The Constitution Of Medina”, The Journal of Rotterdam Islamic and Social Sciences, the Netherlands, IUR Press, vol. 4, no. 1, 2013, ss.9-23. ISSN: 1877-6671.
- “Understanding the Spirit of Time and Interdisciplinary Perspective in the Interpretation of Ḥadīth”, FSM Scholarly Studies, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (FSM İlmi Araştırmalar, İnsan ve Toplum Bilimleri Dergisi), sayı.3, yıl: 2014, Bahar, ISSN 2147-3153/e-ISSN 2148-2217, ss. 115-130.
- – “Concept of Barakah in Qur’ān and Sunnah: Towards its Realization in Modern Discourse”, FSM Scholarly Studies, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (FSM İlmi Araştırmalar, İnsan ve Toplum Bilimleri Dergisi), sayı.5, 2015, Bahar, ISSN 2147-3153/e-ISSN 2148-2217, ss. 261-284.
- نظرية الحرب في القرآن والسنة،, BÜİFD Bingöl Üniversitesi İlahiyat Fakültesi Dergesi, cilt:3, sayı: 5, yıl:2015/1, ISSN: 2147-0774, pp. 1-29.
- “Theory of Imamiyyah: The Dissociative Role Attributed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)”, UNISSA Journal, Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University, Brunei, issue no. 4, 2015M, ISSN: 2225-773X, ss. 1-22.
- The Status of Muslim Women in Contemporary Society: Realities and Prospects, pp. 31-55, v.7, “Headscarf Deadlock in Turkey as a Case Study” (14th – 16th August 2007), organized by International Institute for Muslim Unity, IIUM.
- Çevre ve Din (Environment and Religion), pp. 255-267, v.1, Environmental Ethics In Ahadith Of Prophet Muhammad, (15-16 May 2008), organized by Istanbul University, Turkey. ISBN 978-975-92695-1-7.
- Conference on Revelation as Basic of Civilisation: Rienforcement of Fardu Kifayah in Developing Human Civilisation. “Concept of Barakah/Blessing in Qur’an and Sunnah and its Realization in Modern Discourse” (28-29 July 2009) Organized by Faculty of Qur’anic and Sunnah Studies, Islamic Science University of Malaysia.
- Issues & Challenges of Contemporary Islam and Muslims, pp. 435-449, “Alliance of Civilizations”, (6-7th October 2009) organized by Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), ISBN 978-967-5048-66-1.
- Regional Conference on Islam and World Peace. “The Contribution of the Language, Culture and Vision Constructed by Revelation to the World Peace”, (24-25 February 2010) organised by Faculty of Usuluddin Sultan Sharif Ali Islamic University, Brunei Darussalam at Rizqun International Hotel.
- 2nd Global Conference Ethics in Public Life. “Abortion”, Salzburg, Austria, (15-17 March 2010).
- Conference on Prophetic Heritage 2010, “The Role of Ḥadīth Perception on Disputes between Ahl al-Sunnah and al-Shīʿah”, (28-29 July 2010) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, organised by University Sains Islam Malaysia.
- 2nd International Conference on Engineering Professional Ethics and Education (ICEPEE ‘11), معالم الرحمة في أخلاق النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم, organized by the Kulliyyah of Engineering, International Islamic University Malaysia, (17-19 May 2011).
- Conference on Role of Sahaba in Islam, “Role of Sahaba in Islam: From Theory to Reality”, (21 May 2011) Istanbul, Turkey, organised by Islamic Research Centre Darul Hikme İlim Araştīrma ve Kūltūr Derneği.
- International Symposium on Religious and Philosophical Texts: Rereading, Understanding and Comprehending Them in the 21st Century, An Analysis of the Islamization of Knowledge Project International Islamic University Malaysia as a case study, (21-22 October 2011), Istanbul, Turkey, organized by Istanbul University Divinity Faculty and Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality.
- IMOIC, 2nd International Model OIC, Global Summit, Kazan 2012, on Rethinking Muslim World: Developing Policies Towards Empowering Youth in the OIC Region, Empowering Youth with Kowledge based on Islamic Value System, (7-10 July 2012), Kazan, Tatarstan, Russia Federation, organized by Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC), the OIC; Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey; Ministry of Youth Affairs, Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Tatarstan; Center of Civilizations Studies and Dialogue of Cultures (CCSDC); ICYF-DC Eurasian Regional Center; Tatarstan Republican Youth Public Fund “Selet”
- 5th Global Conference: Forgiveness: Probing the Boundaries, The Teaching of Forgiveness in Sacred Texts of Islam, (11-13 July 2012), organized by Inter-Disciplinary.Net, at Mansfield College, Oxford University, United Kingdom.
- The First International ISAR Istanbul Symposium: Civilization and change, Understanding the Spirit of Time and Interpretation of Hadith and Interdisciplinary Perspective, (3-4 November 2012), organized by Istanabul Araştırma ve Eğitim Vakfı ISAR (Istanbul Research and Education Foundation), at 29 May University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- The International Symposium on Turkish-Malaysia Higher Education: Collaboration and Opportunities, Importants of MoU Agreements; Malaysia and Turkey as Case Study, (2nd April 2013), organized by International Institute for Muslim Unity, IIUM in Collaboration with Necmettin Erbakan University Turkey, at Senate Hall, IIUM, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The 3rd International Congress on Trends in Higher Education: “Innovative and Entrepreneurial University”, Education in the Light of Variables and Constant Values (Qur’an and Sunnah), (May 31 – June 01, 2013), organized by Fatih University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- The Role Model of Islam in Global Peace, “The Prophet Mohamad’s Models of Coexistence and the Constitution of Medina”, (3-4 June, 2013), Rotterdam, the Netherlands, organized by Islamic University of Rotterdam and International Islamic University Malaysia.
- 3rd International Conference on Engineering Professional Etchics and Aducations (ICEPEE 2013), in Conjunction with IIUM Engineering Congress 2013, “الأخلاق النبوية من خلا أشعار الشيخ المكاشفي” held at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2-4 July, 2013.
- “Cinema and Culture/Civilization Constructed by the Hadith”, 2015 International Conference on Religion and Film, Organized by Marmara University, Ensar Vakfı Değerler Eğitimi Merkezi and Nebraska Omaha University, Bercelone Eresin Hotel Topkapı, Istanbul, 21-23 May, 2015.
- “İslâmî İlimlerin Arapça Okutulmasında Karşılaşılan Zorluklar ve Çözüm Yolları: Pakistan, Malezya ve Türkiye Tecrübeleri”, Arapça Konuşulmayan Ülkelerde İslâmî İlimlerin Arap Diliyle Öğretimi: Tecrübeler, Beklentiler ve Zorluklar Uluslararası Sempozyumu, Organized by Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakıf Üniversitesi and Yalova Üniversitesi, 25-27 Mayıs 2016, İstanbul.
- Multiculturalism, Nationalism and Islam: Indonesia and Turkey, “Multiculturalism, Nationalism and Islam Turkey: Past and Present”, organized by Kementerian Agama Republik Indonesia Institut Agama Islam Negeri Surakarta, 21 September 2016, Surakarta, Indonesia. (Plenary Speaker)
- The Higher Islamic Education in/for Europe Seminar, “Fatih Sultan Mehmet Wakf University: Experience in Islamic Education”, organized by Faculty of Islamic Studies, University of Sarajevo and Faculty of Theology, Istanbul University, on 14-16 October 2016.
BOOK / BOOK CHAPTER
- علوم الحديث بين أهل السُّـنَّة والجماعة والشِّيعة الإماميَّة الإثني عشرية
International Islamic University Malaysia Press, 2009, 1 edition.
- Yerelden Kūresele Ahlakî Duruşumuz. (From Local to Global; Muslims Moral Stance) İstanbul: Rīhle Kitap, 2010, 1 edition, ISBN 978-605-5634-06
- Din Algīmīz. (Our Religious Perceptions) İstanbul: Pīnar Yayīnlarī, March 2010, 1 edition, ISBN 978-975-352-291-5.
- Postmodern Çağda Müslüman Bilincin İnşası, İstanbul: Rıhle Kitap, 2016, 1b, ISBN 978-605-5634-39-1.
- Şia Rivâyet Kültüründeki Derin Paradoks: Takıyye, İstanbul: Rıhle Kitap, 2016, 2b, ISBN 978-605-5634-41-4.
- Muslim Women in Contemporary Societies Reality and Opportunities, Edited: Hassan Ahmed Ibrahim and Zaleha Kamaruddin. Chapter 12, “”Headscarf Deadlock in Turkey as a Case Study””, (Kuala Lumpur: IIUM Press. 1 Ed., 2009), pp. 283-307. ISBN 978-983-3855-99-5.
- معالم الرحمة في أخلاق النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ونظرة الغرب، الدكتور سعد الدين منصور محمد والدكتور سردار دميرل: دراسات في القرآن الكريم والسنة الشريفة قضايا ومناهج، بتحرير: أ .د محمد أبو الليث الخيرآبادي، IIUM Press2011 ـ ص: 263-284.
- DIRĀSĀT FĪ AL-QUR’AN WA AL-SUNNAH: MANĀHIJ WA QADHĀYĀ (KVC BOOK PROJECT 2011), Edited: prof. Dr. Mohammed Abul Lais, IIUM Press 2011, pp. 263-284.
- Dini ve Felsefi Metinler (Religious and Philosophical Texts: Rereading, Understanding and Comprehending Them in the 21st Century), An Analysis of the Islamization of Knowledge Project International Islamic University Malaysia as a case study, Edited by Bayram Ali Çetinkaya, (Istanbul: Istanbul Üniversitesi İlahiyat Fakültesi, Sultanbeyli Belediyesi, April 2012), vol.1, pp.183-199.
- Sinema ve Din, “Hadislerin İnşa Ettiği Kültür / Medeniyet ve Sinema”, Edited by Bilal Yorulma, William L. Blizek and others, (İstanbul: Değerler Eğitimi Merkezi 2015) pp. 673-688. ISBN: 978-605-4036-69-1